How to Purchase a Nice Notebook Computer?
When purchasing a notebook, you have to pay attention to aspects which are not only weight and performance. There exist other extra factors like display definition, battery source life, as well as connection features and keyboard, which are worth considering.
He following list will give you some components which should be valued carefully.
1. Processor: One of the most important things to concern about when purchasing a notebook is the CPU. The most recent notebook CPUs are presented by Intel’s Core Duo and Core 2 Duo processors that are more high-performing than single-core Intel processors (for instance, Pentium M). Other notebooks implement the AMD Athlon Turion 64 X2 dual-core processor that is also high in its characteristics. In common, actually, if you are seeking for a notebook, you should prefer a model based on an Intel Core Duo processor. You may also proceed reading to learn more.
2. Random access memory: The system memory unit in the notebook is rather essential. If your budget allows you, purchase minimally 1 GB of RAM – this amount you should have for the recent PC programs to work efficiently. Mind that you may add extra RAM if there is a necessity in doing it. It is not just as difficult to install additional memory modules to your notebook.
3. Graphical processing unit: Notebook graphics is one more option worth thinking of. Commonly, you should opt for 128MB of integrated video memory. Also make sure that the graphics unit is applied only for graphical purposes and is not used together with the basic memory unit. If your intentions are to enjoy gaming on the notebook, opt for an up-to-date 3D graphics unit with approximately 256 to 512 MB of integrated graphics memory. However, get ready to empty your wallet for some more money.
If you are constantly traveling on business trips, seek for a display of 17-inches wide. If one of your main concerns is the laptop’s mobility, then models with display sizes of 12.1 or 13.3 will be an ideal variant for you. The category of laptops with 14.1-15.1-inch displays is still available, but, we hope, the producers will soon abandon it.
5. Battery: Another crucial thing to consider is notebook battery source life. It is highly disappointing when you find your battery source drain off after 15 minutes of enjoying the Starbucks café. The thing you need critically is to purchase a notebook which possesses up to 3,5 hours of battery source life, being based on a Core 2 Duo or Core Duo processing unit. Ensure you ask the merchant on the battery’s lifespan – a short one is commonly a problem for a mobile person.
6. Pointing Unit and Keyboard: There are individuals who consider pointing unit and keyboard to be critical components. If your fingers are not small, the convenience depends on how large the laptops keys are, and they are preferable than smaller ones. Ensure you test the keyboard before purchase – sense the laptop keys and navigation before purchasing your new computer.
7. Optical drives: Commonly professionals suggest buying a notebook with a rewritable DVD burner for minimum. The point you have to know is that notebooks prefer a lighter weight and mobility to a DVD-burner. If there is no necessity in a DVD-drive, you may opt for a notebook which has no DVD-burner at all.
8. Hard drive: For the notebook hard drive only one thing should be mentioned. The more you take, the better. Nowadays there are laptops coming with HDDs of 160 GB and more. You may purchase a SATA hard drive, if your budget allows.
9. Weight: One more aspect to mention is notebook’s weight. When you purchase a notebook, keep in mind that the total size and weight includes the AC adapter and AND, some external units and their cords. These units can contribute to the weight.